Best 1000w Power Supply 2022: Before you set out to build a new computer system, you should find the best power supply suited for your build as it really is critically very important.
The power supply might not be as exciting as the best video card or processor or graphics card, but every PC component will rely on it for power supply and that alone makes it a vital component.
Best 1000w Power Supply 2022
However, choosing the best PC power supply doesn’t have to be expensive or too full of features. Even if you’re on a budget constraint, you can find a good deal on many of the best power supplies.
1000w power supplies are high-end power supplies with the best of graphics, RTX, DLSS, high-end resolution, less power consumption, cooling facilities, great photo editing, video processing, and video editing techniques, excellent gaming experiences and even providing safe cryptocurrency mining environments. So, to suit your needs, you need the best of 1000w power supplies and the list of those is given right here.
#01 – EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P2 80+ PLATINUM
- EVGA 1600 P2 - "Unrivaled Performace" - Fully Modular to reduce clutter and improve airflow
- 80 PLUS Platinum certified, with 92% (115VAC) / 94% (220VAC~240VAC) efficiency or higher under typical loads
- 100% Japanese Capacitors ensure long-term reliability
- Fan Size / Bearing: 140mm Double Ball Bearing
- 10 Year
#02 – CORSAIR AXi Series, AX1600i
- Delivers 1600W of continuous, ultra-stable, 80 PLUS Titanium efficiency power
- 100% 105°C Japanese capacitors, top-specification internal components and digital design deliver over 94% efficiency.Compatible with CORSAIR iCUE
- The only enthusiast PSU to use Totem-pole PFC Gallium Nitride (GaN) transistors for superior efficiency in a smaller form-factor over traditional silicon parts
- World Class Electrical Performance for incredibly stable voltages and ultra-low ripple noise. LINK Compatibility. MTBF hours-100,000 hours
- Powerful CORSAIR LINK software monitoring and control allows you to supervise and adjust PSU power settings, and switch from single to multi overcurrent protection (OCP) on-the-fly
#03 – Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 1200W 80+ Platinum Smart
- RGB LED FAN - 256 colors Riing RGB 140 millimeter Hydraulic Bearing fan with low noise design. Fan blades are optimized to enhance static pressure for an impressive cooling performance
- ONE BUTTON RGB CONTROL: RGB Lighting Button at the back of PSU controls 5 different lighting modes, RGB Cycle, Red, Green, Blue, White, and LED Off
- 80 PLUS PLATINUM and INTEL C6/C7 STATES READY: Deliver up to 92% efficiency, Toughpower RGB Platinum Series has been optimized to work with all Intel’s latest processors to achieve maximum energy saving
- ULTRA QUIET SMART ZERO FAN: Fan works only when PSU working load is over 40%. A switch at the back of the PSU can be turned off to have the fan spun constantly
- JAPANESE CAPACITORS: 100% high quality 105°C (221°F) Japanese capacitors offer the highest stability, durability, and reliability
- <30 mV LOW RIPPLE NOISE: Low ripple from 0% to 100% load keeps performance-critical components, such as high-end graphic card, operating reliably longer
- INDUSTRIAL PROTECTIONS - (UVP) Under Voltage Protection, (OVP) Over Voltage Protection, (SCP) Short Circuit Protection, (OPP) Over Power Protection, (OTP) Over Temperature Protection, and (OCP) Over Current Protection
- SINGLE +12 Volt RAIL DESIG - Powerful 12 Volt + single rail supports today’s CPU, GPU demands and DC to DC design for stable, reliable power
- Main Power (24 Pin) x 1, ATX 12V (8 Pin / 4+4 Pin) x 2, SATA (5 Pin) x 12, PCI-E (6+2 Pin) x 8, Peripheral (4 Pin) x 8, FDD Adapter x 1
- Outstanding 10 Year Warranty
The power supply (or PSU) plays a major part in determining your computer system’s reliability, depending on its overall features, specifications, and performance. So you should be careful when it comes to picking the right PSU that suits your needs.
In addition to that, a great power supply should also have protection features to save your components (including the power supply itself) in the cases if by any chance something goes wrong with the system’s electricity supply or its PC components.
You’ll also obviously have different concerns and needs depending on whether your power supply will be pushing a monster mining rig, an always-in-demand workstation, or mainstream productivity or gaming desktop. This is why it is necessary to think and invest in a power supply, especially 1000w PSUs because it will be a few years until there can be a need for upgradation. (Best 1000w Power Supply 2019)
Manufacturers typically list the output of their power supplies in watts. A higher watt PSU can provide additional power. The power of a desktop range is between 200 and 1800 watts.
Whenever you connect the PSU and your components, you add more resistance and another potential fault in the line, as happens for modular power supplies. Any resistance rise causes a loss of efficiency.
The 1000w is one of the best PSUs for gaming PCs. Wattage ratings lower than those of a regular 15-amp electric outlet.
The important figure here is that for constant or continuous power, not that for high power. Most power supplies can only run for brief periods at peak power.
Ideally, if you want to add additional components later you provide plenty of space to your components and offer extra headroom.
Many power supplies have exceeded their maximum output rate with loads of 40 to 80%. With approximately 50-60 percent of the PSU’s capacity, maximum efficiency is achieved but further expansion is possible.
An efficient PSU is a better PSU
The efficiency rating of a power supply is important as higher efficiency units tend to have better components, waste less power and generate less heat which all contribute to lower ventilation. The system provides an 80% efficiency power supply with 80% of the rated wattage and 20% is lost as heat.
Nevertheless, power supplies at higher levels of quality continue to be subject to very high prices. Without an especially enticing offer with a silver or gold PSU, medians with average needs will probably keep the basic 80 Plus or 80 Plus-Bronze grades.
The great rail debates
Beside the output power, manufacturers must indicate the number of + 12V rails that contain their PSUs. A power supply “single-rail” has a single + 12V high power wire for power supply to hungry system components. A “single rail” system is separated by two or more + 12V tracks.
In a single-rail model, any part connected to the system, irrespective of connector or cable used, is available for all power from the power supply. Nevertheless, if a failure occurs, a single rail power supply will fire the components much more up to date.
Cabling is another factor. Power supplies with hardwired cables, partially modular cables, or fully modular cables are available. For modular power supplies you can add or remove cables from the PSU to avoid storm events.
Technically, a hardwired cable power supply is ideal, because no external connections between the internal PCB and the connector that will ultimately be attached to a part of the system are required.
One end of the cable is soldered into the PCB of the PSU and the other end ends in a regular socket with no gap in line.