Best Home Routers 2019: If you are looking for some of the best routers to buy for your home or office then you are at the correct page.
Best Home Routers 2019
#01 – TP-Link N-450 (TL-WR940N) AC 1200
- Wireless N speed up to 450Mbps, ideal for bandwidth intensive tasks like HD video streaming, VoIP, and online gaming. Not compatible with phoneline internet. 802.11n technology, 15x faster with 5x the range of 802.11g, Three antennas for increased coverage and stability, System Requirements Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, Windows8/ 8.1/10, MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
- IP based bandwidth control allows you to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each device, WPS button for one touch wireless security encryption. Wireless Modes Router Mode, Range Extender(for V5 and later), Access Point Mode (for V5 and later). Wireless Functions Enable/Disable Wireless Radio, WDS Bridge, WMM, Wireless Statistics
- Parental Controls to manage Internet access on children's or employees's computers, Industry leading 2 year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
- 450Mbps wireless speed is only for TL WR940N V3 while the earlier version is 300Mbps. It is a combined wired/wireless network connection device designed specifically for small business and home office networking requirements. You could easily pick up the wireless network during long distance connection where legacy 11g products may not
- Note ping diagnostic tool troubleshoots connectivity, reach ability and name resolution to a given host or gateway. Tracerouter diagnostic tool tests the performance of a connection. Supports internet explorer 11, firefox 12.0, chrome 20.0, safari 4.0, or other and java enabled browser
- Interface: 4 10/100Mbps LAN PORTS, 1 10/100Mbps WAN PORT
#02 – NETGEAR N750 (WNDR4300)
- Faster WiFi speed 300 + 450 - up to 750Mbps
- Improves WiFi range for medium to large homes
- Wirelessly access and share USB Hard Drive and Printer
- IPv6 Compatible-Future-proof your network
- NETGEAR GENIE APP - Personal dashboard to monitor, manage and repair your network.Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Supports Windows 8. WiFi Range- Medium to large homes. Simultaneous dual band 2.4GHz & 5GHz. Broadband (cable, DSL) Internet service and modem with Ethernet connection
- This product is a Router ONLY. Modem not included.
#03 – Linksys Max-Stream AC2200
- Provides up to 1,500 sq. ft. of WiFi coverage for 15+ wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Tri band technology delivers the fastest combined WiFi speeds to all your devices
- Tri band WiFi speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (5 GHz / 400 Mbps) + (5 GHz / 867 Mbps) + (2.4 GHz / 867 Mbps)
- MU MIMO (Multi User Multiple Input Multiple Output) provides WiFi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
- Supports FAT,NTFS,HSF+ storage file system
#04 – ASUS 3-in-1 (RT-N12)
- Multiple 3-in-1 Router/Access Point /Range Extender wireless modes
- 4 SSIDs help manage bandwidth allocation and access control
- Powerful Online Multi-tasking, throughput up to 300Mbps
- Two detachable 5dBi antennas for more powerful and wider coverage
- Operating Frequency: 2. 4 GHz
#05 – Securifi Almond
- 95% of customers SET IT UP IN 3 MINUTES using Touchscreen Wizard; World's 1st TOUCHSCREEN Router
- NO PC/Mac/CD needed for Setup or Management
- MULTI PURPOSE USAGE: Use as primary WiFi Router or Range Extender or Access Point or Wireless Bridge - No built-in DSL modem
- UNIVERSAL RANGE EXTENDER MODE: Compatible with any existing router (eg: Netgear, Linksys, Belkin etc.); COMPATIBLE WITH PC, Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, Android, XBOX
- 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY and UNLIMITED TECHNICAL SUPPORT. Technical Support: +1 (855) 969 7328 or [email protected]
#06 – ASUS AC5300 TriBand Router
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 square feet )
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s respective maximum speed; Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming; Printer Server ; Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2; 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual ; WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP.DC Output : 19 Volt with max; 3.42 A current
- 10X’S THE SPEED: Most routers in this price range have only “Fast Ethernet” ports that max out at 100Mbps. Our router has Gigabit ports to give you 1,000Mbps for lag-free 4K video streaming & gaming.
- RANGE: Beamforming and 2 high powered antennas work together to cover larger homes by focusing the wireless signal directly to your device
- SAFE: Robust firewall and wireless security keeps out unwanted visitors while Guest Network access gives a separate safe and secure connection to guests
- FULL CONTROL: Are the router lights too bright? Turn them off! Are your kids staying online too late at night? Restrict access to only the times you want
- RANGE EXTENDER: Extend any existing wireless network using the Universal Range Extender Mode to cover even larger areas & keep all your devices on the same network
#08 – Linksys AC1900 (WRT1900ACS)
- Wireless AC, up to 4.3x faster than N technology: Simultaneous dual band speed up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300 Mbps (5 GHz) for media intensive applications
- 4 high performance antennas: Engineered to enhance dual band communication, four external, adjustable antennas ensure supreme Wi Fi signal strength in multilevel homes and small offices
- Dual Core 1.6 GHz CPU: Powerful CPU promotes simultaneous high speed data processing allowing multiple users to simultaneously game online, stream movies, and transfer files without lagging
- Share content via an external storage device with ultra fast data transfer speeds. USB 3.0 delivers enhanced performance over USB 2.0; eSATA delivers optimal data transfer speeds from external SATA drives and accommodates USB 2.0
- Users can prioritize devices or websites, gain parental control over content, monitor network activity, turn Wi Fi access on or off and create select password protected guest networks. Network Map offers a visual map of the home network
- Open Source Ready: Users gain unprecedented access to customize the router
- Package includes: Linksys WRT1900AC Router, 4 external, dual band detachable antennas, Quick Start Guide, CD ROM with Documentation, Ethernet Cable, Power Adapter and Power Cord
- Processor: Dual Core 1.6 GHz ARM based
#09 – TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit WIFI Router (Archer C1200)
- Dual band router upgrades to 1200 Mbps high speed internet(300Mbps for 2.4 Gigahertz + 900Mbps for 5 Gigahertz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K stream. Does NOT support WISP for wireless interface to Internet Provider
- Gigabit Ethernet ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- USB Access Share your USB drive content wirelessly; Operating Temperature: Operating Temperature: 0℃~40 ℃ (32 ℉~104℉). Storage Temperature: -40℃~70 ℃ (-40 ℉~158℉). Operating Humidity: 10%~90% non-condensing. Storage Humidity: 5%~90% non-condensing
- TP Link Tether app Easily set up and manage your home network at home or remotely. System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1/10. MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
- Industry leading 2 years warranty and FREE 24/7 technical support. Supports IPv4 and IPv6. Transmit Power: CE: <=20dBm (2.4G) <=23dBm (5G). Wireless Security : 64/128-bit WEP, WPA / WPA2, WPA-PSK/ WPA2-PSK encryption
- J.D. Power Ranked TP Link "Highest in Customer Satisfaction for Wireless Routers"
#10 – NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 square feet wireless coverage with AC1750 speed (Dual band up to 450 plus 1300 Mbps)
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 25 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: Pause device internet access, view site history usage, and filter websites for free; Set online time limits, schedule device internet access, and more for 4.99 dollars /month (1st month free trial)
- NETGEAR Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats; Get peace of mind knowing you have the best in class anti virus, anti malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
A wireless router is a device that allows you connect to your modem and the gadgets you have at the home, office, or outdoors through wireless connections to the Internet.
A wireless router serves you more benefits than just connecting your many gadgets to the web all at once. You need up-to-date information about wireless router just before getting one because there are additional features you need to consider.
Here is wide-ranging info about the standard features of wireless router and how they become beneficial for you.
Specifications of best wireless routers:
Wireless routers are very much useful to connect various devices through a single Wi-Fi connection. Buying a router is not a big deal, but choosing the best one is a hectic task.
There are some specifications for Wi-Fi Routers are listed. Before choosing the best Wi-Fi router, you must consider the following things given below:
Wi-Fi Router Maximum Speed or Wi-Fi signal strength.
Network Standards: 802.11n vs. 802.11ac.
MicroSD card slots.
Single or dual-band wireless routers.
SIM card slots.
Factors to be consider for purchasing a router for home:
The frequency is measured per second (Mbps) in megabits. This means a 500mbps router is faster than a 300mbps router.
The advertised speed on the box is necessary, but in practical scenarios the advertised speed is not possible.
The walls and other obstacles can significantly reduce this speed. You should note that the advertised speed is your home connectivity speed rather than the internet connectivity.
Three wireless router models are currently available. 802.11 g, 802.11n and 802.11ac are all included. All these devices have various features, and the configuration of the product defines their compliance with a certain computer.
The new model, for instance, is 802.11ac and this deal can be appreciated if your device is compliant. Perhaps you can not take full advantage of a new system if your computer follows the 802.11 g standard. Consider the model that your devices support.
The number of devices in your home:
The majority of companies offer a mobile dual-band router that offers a 2.4 GHz frequency band as well as a 5.0 GHz frequency band. Dual-band indicates that a router has two antennas running at a frequency of 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz. Now vendors have an extra 5.0GHz radio speed with a triband WIFI router.
Quality of service (QoS):
This is not related with internet speed. It is important to note. This ensures that based on your internet activity, you can customize how the router works. When you make an internet request, for instance, this won’t break merely because someone streams a film.
The number of ports:
The USB port and LAN port are included. Although you are able to add LAN ports with an Ethernet switch, a router with a large number of ports is wise to access. Some devices (without Wi-Fi) are connected with the Ethernet cable using LAN ports.
On the other hand, the USB port connects certain devices, such as printers. The number of ports you have therefore determines the number of ports you need.
Related Tags: Best Home Routers 2019