Best Laptops for College Students Consumer Reports 2020: It’s all you need right now if you are planning to buy it. Do check out the fresh list.
Best Laptops for College Students Consumer Reports 2020
#01 – ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH5Q
- 13.3 Inch QHD+ 3200x1800 16:9 Display 300nits WideView 170 degrees with Windows 10 Pre-installed
- Latest 7th Gen Intel i5-7200U 2.5 GHz Processor (Turbo to 3.1 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 256GB SSD with 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Sleek and light weight aluminum body for comfortable portability, 2.6 lbs with battery
- Built-in fingerprint reader with one-touch login via Windows Hello feature
- 57 Whrs Polymer Battery. Up to 12 Hours web browsing
#02 – Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (Internet connection is required)
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.Connectivity:802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless LAN
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- Intel Celeron N3150, 11.6 inch HD Touch Display, 4GB Memory, 32GB eMMC, Up to 10-hour Battery Life, Convertible Laptop; Maximum Power Supply Wattage: 45 Watt
#03 – ASUS Chromebook C202SA-YS02
- Ready for drops and spills with rugged construction with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard
- Lightweight 2.65 pound body and rugged construction that can be dropped from 3.9 feet so you can take it anywhere without disruption
- 11.6 inches HD 1366x768 anti-glare display, with 180 degree hinge for easy viewing
- Powered by the Intel Celeron N3060 Processor (2M Cache, upto 2.48 GHz) for fast and snappy performance
- 4 GB DDR3 RAM; 16GB flash storage; No CD or DVD drive; Power adapter: Input: 100 -240 V AC, 50/60 Hz universal. Output : 19 V DC, 2.1 A, 40 W
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically
#04 – Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
- Clean, elegant design thin and light, starting at just 2.76 pounds, Surface Laptop 2 fits easily in your bag
- Choose from rich tone on tone color combinations: Platinum, Burgundy, and Cobalt Blue
- Improved speed and performance to do what you want, with the latest 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- All day battery life, with up to 14.5 hours of video playback. Vibrant 13.5 inches Pixel Sense Display with interactive touchscreen and razor sharp resolution
- The Windows you know comes with Windows 10 Home
#05 – Acer Aspire E 15
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3 8130U Processor 2.2 GHz (Up to 3.2GHz)
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD and 8x DVD
- Up to 13.5 Hours of battery life
- Windows 10 Home
- TIP: try a battery pin-hole reset procedure, a different AC adapter, or pressing the key combination FN + F6 to make sure the system is outputting the video to the notebook's internal display
For college and those traveling for work laptops can be needed and necessary.
Many users can also be used laptops for the purpose of gaming or it can be used for anyone who just enjoys spending time over online.
In buying a laptop, some of the key factors to consider are screen size, storage quantity on the device and machine existence. You can choose the right machine depending on what you need the most when you analyse all the important factors.
Students will need a good laptop which will allow them to access the internet and to carry out tasks quickly. An alternative that has a lot of memory may be required for gamers. Comparing the various options available before making a purchase may be helpful.
Things to be for consideration before buying laptop for college students:
In case students’ studies includes the use of some programs of special software like Photoshop, AutoCAD, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro and also other specialized software programs, then you will have to invest in the laptop which has a top processing speed, also the better amount of RAM and good graphics card.
Do not forget to get high storage needs to be there too.
But, in case you need laptop for only to making presentations or creating assignments, then you do not need a high configuration laptop.
For an average student, a laptop having 13-inch display will be sufficient to carry out almost all the tasks.
Larger the screen size, harder will it be to fit into a backpack. Yet, if you are comfortable with a large-sized laptop, then you can buy it, otherwise, 13-inch display size is good.
in case you are searching for touchscreen and convertibles laptops, then ask yourself whether you want to get laptops for only show-off or you really have some great of a touchscreen laptop.
Convertibles or touchscreen laptops are usually costlier, make sure you spend money on the laptop with better technical specifications rather than this feature in case you do not have any use of it.
Instead of the prevalence of the cloud storage, physical storage matters a many, so you should look for a laptop which comes with 512 GB SSD or 1 TB HDD.
If you think you will manage up with a laptop having storage capacity of 128 GB or 256 GB , then you can go with these kinds of laptops.
Free Microsoft Office:
Every laptop user knows the importance of Microsoft Office. All your assignments and presentations can only be completed successfully if you have installed MS Office on your laptop.
As a student, you can get MS Office 365 for education for free, but you will have to provide them with your college email address. There are many alternatives to MS Office available on the market, so you can take a look at those as well such as Open Office and Libre Office etc.
Pick Best Budget Graphics Card for You from here.
Related Tags: Best Laptops for College Students Consumer Reports 2020