Best Mac External Hard Drives 2020: I’m also Mac user, therefore I was searching for Mac External Drives and after doing all the research I have purchased it. That’s the reason I thought to share some with you guys.
Best Mac External Hard Drives 2020
#01 – Western Digital 4TB Black My Passport Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0 – WDBYFT0040BBK-WESN
- Auto backup with Included WD Backup Software
- Password Protection with hardware encryption
- Trusted drive built with WD reliability
- USB 3.0 port; USB 2.0 compatible; System Compatibility: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; Requires reformatting for Mac OS X operating system
- 3 year manufacturer's limited warranty
#02 – Seagate Backup Plus Hub 6TB External Hard Drive Desktop HDD – USB 3.0, 2 USB Ports, for Computer Desktop Workstation PC Laptop Mac, 2 Months Adobe CC Photography (STEL6000100)
- Store and access content for years with up to 14TB in a USB drive
- A great external hard drive for Mac and Windows, this hub can charge mobile devices and transfer files from USB cameras and USB thumb drives via its two USB 3. 0 ports
- Use seamlessly between Windows and Mac by installing the provided NTFS driver for Mac
- Complimentary four-month membership to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan’s photo and video editing apps (Must be redeemed within 1 year of drive registration. Not available in all countries)
- Enjoy long-term peace of mind with the included two-year limited warranty and two-yr Rescue Data Recovery Services
#03 – LaCie Rugged Mini 4TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0 USB 2.0 compatible, Drop Shock Dust Rain Resistant Shuttle Drive, for Mac and PC Computer Desktop Workstation PC Laptop (LAC9000633)
- Travel with a massive capacity of up to 4TB in an ultra compact portable external hard drive LaCie Rugged Mini
- For those who have a need for speed, seamlessly connect to USB 3.0 computers and transfer content fast with speeds of up to 130MB/s
- Trek confidently with an external hard drive that offers all terrain durability of drop, crush, and water resistance
- Take advantage of a complimentary 1 month membership to the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps Plan for access to awesome photo and video editing apps
- Enjoy long term peace of mind with the included 2 year limited warranty
#04 – Samsung T5 Portable SSD – 1TB – USB 3.1 External SSD (MU-PA1T0B/AM), Black
- Superfast read write speeds: SSD with V-NAND offers ultra-fast data transfer speeds of up to 540MB/s (up to 4.9x faster than external HDDs); Ideal for transferring large-sized data including 4K videos, high-resolution photos, games and more
- Compact and portable design: Top to bottom shock resistant metal design fits in the palm of your hand and easily slides in your pocket or purse to take work and entertainment on the go
- Secure encryption: Optional password protection and AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure
- Seamless connectivity: Includes USB type C to C and USB type C to A cables to connect to PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices
- Warranty and compatibility: 3-year limited warranty; Requires Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Android 4.4 (KitKat), or higher; Older versions of the Windows, Mac and Android operating systems may not be supported
#05 – Buffalo MiniStation Thunderbolt USB 3.0 1 TB Portable Hard Drive (HD-PA1.0TU3)
- Perfect for creative professionals and multimedia enthusiasts
- Time Machine compatibility
- Includes high performance USB 3.0 port
- Interface speeds up to 10 Gbps
- Thunderbolt 2 interface with cable included
- Comes formatted in HFS+ for use with Macs
- Can be formatted to NTFS for use with PCs
- TAA compliant - Made in Japan
#06 – Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC USB 3.0 1 TB Rugged Portable Hard Drive (HD-PZN1.0U3B)
- USB PC Compatible plug-and-play. Compatible w/ Mac after formatting.
- Ruggedized (mil-spec)
- Hardware Encryption
- NFC technology
- Water and Dust Resistant
- Integrated Wrap-around USB 3.0 Cable
- TAA compliant - Made in Japan
- 3-year manufacturer's wnty
#07 – G-Technology 8TB G-RAID with Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0, Removable Dual Drive Storage System, Silver – 0G04085
- Two removable enterprise classhard drives
- Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 Ports for high speed data transfer
- Up to 480MB/perfect for photo & video editing
- Hardware RAID in RAID 0 (Performance) or RAID 1 (protection), or JBOD
- Manufacturer's 3 year limited warranty
#08 – ADATA 512GB SD700 Durable External SSD – USB3.1 Interface – Black/Yellow
No products found.
#09 – WD 8TB My Book Duo Desktop RAID External Hard Drive – USB 3.1 – WDBFBE0080JBK-NESN
- Massive capacity storage with auto and system backup
- RAID-0 ready out of the box
- RAID optimized WD Red drives
- USB 3.1 Gen 1-ready, USB 3.0 compatibility
- 3-year manufacturer's limited warranty
#10 – LaCie Porsche Design 4TB USB-C Mobile Hard Drive, Silver + 2mo Adobe CC Photography (STFD4000400)
- Delivers speeds of up to 5 GB/s
- Features reversible USB C connectivity as well as compatibility with USB 3.0 ports
- Massive capacity in a compact size
- Sturdy, all aluminum enclosure while still lightweight and ultra portable
- Includes 2 month complimentary membership to Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan; Must redeem by January 31, 2020
- Computer with a USB C or USB Type A port ;Latest version of Mac OS X 10.5 and later / Windows 7 and later ;Minimum free disk space: 600 MB recommended
What to Look for When Choosing A Hard Drive:
Unless you look for a little safer and more compact than your desktop or laptop disk when storing your important files, is it tempting to buy it at first because all the hard drives accessible for processing are the same appropriate one?
Fake. False. This is a portion to look at when purchasing a hard drive to save your important files.
Here’s what we feel like you should consider before you start shopping:
HDD vs SSD.
Portability & Durability.
HDD vs SSD:
Once you start to look at all the hard drive options for the external model, you can also use two of the various HDD and SSD abbreviations. The advantages and limitations of both these types of processing can be.
Let us look at each of them and how they can suit your needs to give you some assistance.
A typical external storage unit typically has a HDD inside it, commonly referred to as a hard drive. The layout of such disks is much like the computer’s hard disk.
Inside the case, disks in the drive spin write data on the surface when transmitting information to your computer.
Most conventional external hard drives that use this model are smaller but comparatively cheaper to suit the drive’s space capacity.
Buying a top of the line hard drive is not only your effort, it is also your cash if you do not have storage space.
Consider how it will be used as you consider about the right size space for your needs.
If you have a huge number of documents, images or videos you need to protect, it will fit many people with a capacity of 1 TB of hard disk. Nevertheless, these choices are also available if you need more storage. It’s all about the amount of space you find you like.
You are only encouraging people to steal not only your hard disk but also your data if you do not take the protection functions of the external disk that you are going to purchase into account. This can be an important problem, especially if the files are responsive.
Most current hard disks are compliant with popular encryption software solutions.
How to clean up a MacBook Pro:
First, you should clear cache files. As, according to the you of Desktop caches may occupy anything There are two methods to clear all the caches.
Open the Finder → go to Library folder → Caches sub folder. Now you have access to the application’s cache files. Go to the app’s folders and remove its caches.
The way to get rid of caches is faster and easier.
You can use a free utility App Cleaner & Uninstaller that helps you to uninstall application service files, locate remaining applications that have already been removed, delete login objects, release agents, updates, screensavers and any other file extension.
Only run the programs, select system files for the software you use, and press Delete.
Related Posts: Best Budget Graphics Card
Related Tags: Best Mac External Hard Drives 2019, Best Mac External Hard Drives 2020