Best Modem for Centurylink 2020: It’s all you need right now if you are planning to buy it. Do check out the fresh list.
Best Modem for Centurylink 2020
#01 – ARRIS SURFboard AC1750 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Call provider if not listed here. Requires Cable Internet Service and approved for plans up to 343 Mbps
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or Centurylink
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1750 WiFi Router
- 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Router enables flexible, high-speed wired connectivity
- The product is absolutely compatible with Comcast Xfinity business. It does not support Telephone from Cable operators is all, that is done separately. Please Note : Kindly refer the User Manual before use.
#02 – TP-Link 16×4 AC1750 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast,Time Warner, Cablevision, and Bright House(certification with Cox, Charter and WOW are still in process)
- Class-leading 680Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 cable download speeds, 16x faster than DOCSIS 2.0
- Channel bonding of up to 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels
- 1750Mbps Wi-Fi speeds with simultaneous 2.4GHz (450Mbps) and 5GHz (1300Mbps) bands
- Six internal antennas and high-powered amplifiers boost signal strength and reduce interference Beamforming technology delivers a more targeted and highly efficient wireless connection Dual-core processor ensures no interruption when simultaneously
#03 – NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Wi-Fi ADSL
- Wireless N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit DSL Modem Router with WiFi Speeds up to 600 Mbps (300 + 300) is only compatible with DSL providers. This product is NOT compatible with cable providers such as Comcast
- Works with ADSL Internet Service Providers like AT&T, Verizon, Qwest, & CenturyLink(TM)
- Does not support AT&T U-verse and CenturyLink VDSL
- One (1) ADSL2+ port, Five (5) 10/100/1000 (1 WAN and 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- ReadySHARE USB - Easily share media stored on USB thumbdrives and hard drives with any DLNA device on your network
#04 – Linksys AC1600 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band
- Triple Combo pack: Includes the Linksys AC1600 (EA6400) Dual-Band Smart WiFi Router, the Linksys AC1200 (RE6400) BOOST EX WiFi Range Extender, and Linksys CM3008 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem.
- High Speed Cable Modem only, does not include telephone/voice ports. 8 download and 4 upload bonded DOCSIS channels give you the most out of your existing cable broadband connection. Certified for Comcast/Xfinity, Time Warner, Cox & Charter
- Boosts Wi-Fi signal coverage up to 7,500 square feet, Eliminates Wi-Fi dead zones throughout a home including, patio, garage, second floors and more
- The Linksys AC1600 router has Four 10/100/1000 ports to connect wired devices at speeds 10X faster than Fast Ethernet. Built with the latest Draft 802.11ac technology for the highest quality performance and range
- Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router with Gigabit & USB Ports, Smart Wi-Fi App Enabled to Control Your Network from Anywhere. Able to handle high-bandwidth transfer rates over your existing cable lines Certified for DOCSIS 3.0 cable Internet standard over your cable connection
#05 – Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router
- Compatible with ADSL CenturyLink (NOT their VDSL) and major DSL service providers
- Not compatible with Verizon FIOS, AT&T U-verse or cable systems such as Comcast,Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Charter etc. WIRELESS SECURITY: TKIP, AES encryption, 802.1x authentication,Pre-Shared Key (PSK),MAC Address Filtering
- Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings. Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions.
- Three products in one: full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch, and 300 Mbps wireless-N router. INTERFACES: Four 10/100 Ethernet Local Area Network, One Asymmetric digital subscriber line ( ADSL ) Port
- With the latest 802.11n technology your newer devices will achieve wireless N speeds.Backwards compatibility ensures that older wireless devices are supported, giving your wireless network the best of both worlds.The modem has been tested for maximum performance on all major DSL providers and supports ADSL2+ with speeds up to 24 Mbps downstream.
#06 – NETGEAR C7000
- Old Model** See newer C7000 model
#07 – NETGEAR N450-100NAS (8×4) WiFi DOCSIS 3.0
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $156 per year
- Two-in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Up to 340Mbps modem speed and N450 (2.4GHz) WiFi speed. 8x4 channel bonding. Use with an N900 adapter like NETGEAR WNDA4100 for maximum performance
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services
#08 – MOTOROLA MG7550 16×4
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewallDFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW!, CableOne and other cable service providers. ELIMINATE CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES UP TO 156 DOLLARS PER YEAR. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed WiFi router with AC1900 WiFi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for WiFi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment. Includes phone and web support by friendly, professional USA-based technical support specialists. Phone support is provided in English and Spanish.
#09 – MOTOROLA 16×4 Cable Modem, Model MB7420
- This 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This Model MB7420 cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router and does NOT have a telephone adapter or phone jack. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, MG7540 and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY for residential speeds up to Extreme 300, by Comcast Business for speeds up to Deluxe 250, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of $120 or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
#10 – NETGEAR C3000-100NAS N300 (8×4) WiFi DOCSIS
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more; Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- Three in one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + N300 WiFi Router+ 2 Gigabit Wired Switch. ELIMINTE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $156 per year
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- NETGEAR Genie App Content filtering Parental Controls allow you to manage your network from anywhere
- Note check your cable internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility. Ieee 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz. Not compatible with cable bundled voice services
Today we are going to cover the best modem for CenturyLink. CenturyLink is the third ranked biggest and largest telecommunications corporation in the United States, and it offers VDSL, ADSL, or fibre connections across 38 states.
To maximize the service, CenturyLink subscribers need to set up and use a reliable and efficient device. In this article, we will be taking a look at 4 CenturyLink supported modems to get the very best from this service.
Despite rapid changes in the networking landscape, modems remaining integral to the home networking setup and can be the difference between a fast connection and bogged down network.
CenturyLink, like many other ISP’s (internet service providers), includes this device as part of the subscription package to save you the trouble of having to purchase one yourself.
While there isn’t necessarily anything wrong with the packaged device, buying your own will give you the opportunity to choose a device that best suits your needs.
Additionally, you’re able to save on the monthly rental fee that CenturyLink charges for its modems. Although the charges may seem minimal compared to the cost of a new device, over time they can really add up.
Buy your own, though, and you’ll have paid off the cost of that device in rental fee savings in a year’s time.
Compatible modems of CenturyLink:
There is a great array of modems in the market today. However, before you go out and purchase one, you should first ensure that the device is compatible with CenturyLink.
The perfect device should not only support ADSL and ADSL2+ but also VDSL2 and Pair Bonding. Other considerations include;
Can your internet service get proper support from the cable modem? Your modem should be able to run with everything your internet service providers. This is mainly because of the data channels it has. When your ISP and the modem are in sync, then you can be sure of fast speeds.
Different modems will support many speeds. You should select for a equipment which can support a speeds equal to or above the subscription. CenturyLink recommends modems that support IPv6 RD.
Get a modem that is compatible with the present as well as the future upgrades. This will save you from having to buying another modem in the incident that the service provider comes up with a new plan and skill contribution faster internet speeds.
You can access a comprehensive list of all CenturyLink approved modems from the manufacturer’s website.
Instead of paying rental monthly, you can buy new one. It should pay for itself within the first year of use so you can feel the relief you really need. You should also expect to save a couple hundred dollars after using your cable modem in the second year after you purchase it.
However, given the vast differences in the models available, you might find it challenging to pick the right device for your home network. Lucky for you, we spend adequate time going through the different CenturyLink certified devices in the market to identify the best and most reliable product.
Pick Best Budget Graphics Card for You from here.
Related Tags: Best Modem for Centurylink 2020