Best Portable External Hard Drive 2020 – If you don’t own this product, you are making a mistake. Because this is like must-have product if you own any data. It will save a lot of stuff. Check out!
Best Portable External Hard Drive 2020
#01 – SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS DESKTOP
- High-speed USB 3.0 and 2.0 connectivity offers plug-and-play functionality on your PC.
- Install the NTFS driver for Mac, and you can use the drive interchangeably between Windows and Mac computers without reformatting.
- Run a one-click backup or schedule an automatic backup plan to protect your files in your Backup Plus desktop drive at your convenience with Seagate Dashboard software
- Works interchangeably on PC and Mac computerswithout needing to reformat
#02 – WD MY PASSPORT SSD 512GB
- Blazing-fast file transfers with speeds up to 515 MB/s
- Password protection with hardware encryption
- USB Type-C and USB 3.1 Gen 2 ready; USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and USB-A compatible
- Trusted Drive built with WD reliability
- Automatic backup
#03 – LACIE FUEL
- 2TB Wireless storage - LaCie Fuel Series
- Suitable for iOS 5.1.1+, Android 2.3+, Mac 10.6+, Windows 8/7/Vista
- Works anywhere: home, train, bus, airport, car
- No need for internet access
- Battery life up to 10 hours
#04 – SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS 4TB
- Want an easy, on the go USB drive for storage? Seagate Backup Plus Portable hard drive offers 4TB
- The perfect complimentary laptop hard drive featuring a minimalist metal enclosure
- Simply plug this external hard drive for Mac and Windows into a computer via the included USB 3.0 cable to back up files with a single click or schedule automatic daily, weekly, or monthly backups; Reformatting may be required for use with Time Machine
- Take advantage of a complimentary 2 month membership to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan for access to awesome photo and video editing apps
- Enjoy long term peace of mind with the included 2 year limited warranty
#05 – WD MY BOOK
- Included WD Backup software makes backing up what's important to you easy and fast
- Easy to use WD Backup software makes protecting what's important to you easy
- Downloadable version of AcronisTrue Image WD Edition software offers system-level backup for complete protection
- Compatible with Windows(R) File History, included on Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Password protection with hardware encryption keep your private stuff private
- USB 3.0 for fast data transfer rates
#06 – BUFFALO MINISTATION EXTREME NFC
- USB PC Compatible plug-and-play. Compatible w/ Mac after formatting.
- Ruggedized (mil-spec)
- Hardware Encryption
- NFC technology
- Water and Dust Resistant
- Integrated Wrap-around USB 3. 0 Cable
#07 – SANDISK EXTREME 510
- High-speed, portable storage for huge data, photos, videos and more
- Durable, all-terrain and water-resistant design is ready to go wherever you go
- High-performance transfer with up to 430MB/s read speeds
- SanDisk SecureAccess software encrypts private files.The SanDisk Extreme 510 Portable SSD requires only a small amount of power through the USB 3.0 portno need to carry additional power cords.
- 480GB of storage that fits in the palm of your hand
#08 – SAMSUNG 860 EVO
- INNOVATIVE V NAND TECHNOLOGY: Powered by Samsung V NAND Technology, the 860 EVO SSD offers optimized performance for everyday computing as well as rendering large sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications
- ENHANCED READ WRITE SPEEDS: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 550MB/s and 520MB/s, respectively
- SECURE ENCRYPTION: Protect data by selecting security options, including AES 256 bit hardware based encryption compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1668
- WARRANTY AND COMPATIBILITY: 5 year limited warranty; Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Server 2003 (32 bit and 64 bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), MAC OSX and Linux
- INCLUDED CONTENTS: 2.5 inches (7 millimeter) SATA 3 (6 Gb/s) SSD & User Manual (All other cables, screws, brackets not included); Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
#09 – WD MY BOOK DUO
- Massive capacity storage with auto and system backup
- RAID-0 ready out of the box
- RAID optimized WD Red drives
- USB 3.1 Gen 1-ready, USB 3.0 compatibility
- 3-year manufacturer's limited warranty
#10 – LACIE RUGGED
- Travel with a massive capacity of up to 4TB in an ultra compact portable external hard drive LaCie Rugged Mini
- For those who have a need for speed, seamlessly connect to USB 3.0 computers and transfer content fast with speeds of up to 130MB/s
- Trek confidently with an external hard drive that offers all terrain durability of drop, crush, and water resistance
- Take advantage of a complimentary 1 month membership to the Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps Plan for access to awesome photo and video editing apps
- Enjoy long term peace of mind with the included 2 year limited warranty
Before choosing the best portable external hard disk, you should follow these factors and look for essential features that you require in the hard disk.
Capacity of storage:
It is one of the most critical factors you need to consider while purchasing the best external hard disk. Hard disks are available in the range of 2 gb or 1tb or 4 tb that means it based the capacity of disk. For saving a great amount, go for a portable hard disk of 4 tb.
Data transfer speed:
Data transfer speed is an essential factor too when selecting the hard disk for you. It depends upon the technology and type of interface. Usually, external drives use usb 2.0, usb 3.0, or usb 3.1 interfaces. Usb 3.1 is the fastest as it can transfer data 10 times faster than others.
With a usb 2.0 connection, it needs time to move the movies and videos. In usb – 3.0 connections with connection bandwidth of 5 gbps, it works fast, and you can transfer the cd content or a lot of information in a few moments. Faster speed allows you to move data in a couple of seconds without waiting.
If you need to take backups in your home, then you don’t need to consider the portable feature. You can go for large hard disk models. If you are a laptop user, go for the compact hdd as it is comfortable to carry. Canvio basics are also a new version and a great choice for you.
The lifespan of most of the hard drives is four years. It is essential to look for a durable hard disk to avoid the loss of data when it is corrupt. It results in more value for money. Ensure that outer cover is made of durable plastic or aluminium. It would help if you researched on the hard drives before buying. Invest in external drives that give good quality and shockproof rubber outer case to secure drive from damage.
Some hard drives are prone to fail within one year. Some disk drives proceed to work after the sixth year. The life-span of disks depends upon you too. How much care do you keep with it? You have to handle the hard disk carefully.
It is another crucial factor to consider. We need an hdd that protects our private data against hacking or data loss.
You should choose one that comes with a good warranty. Some hard drives come with three years of warranty. Some companies offer five years warranty on the hard drives.
Some hard drives are compatible with the usb, mac and some with windows. It is a good idea to choose one that is compatible with all the platforms.
External Hard Drive is used as data storage devices. They are portable and allow a large amount of storage. The hard disk has a high storage capacity as compared to flash drives. You can store your movies, audio, video and so on on the Hard Disks.
Read More: Budget Graphics Card
Related Tags: Best Portable External Hard Drive 2020