Best Security Cameras 2020: Security of your home and office is different. You need the best product to be installed at it. That’s why we have done this round-up post.
Best Security Cameras 2020
#01 – Arlo Pro
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- 100 Wire free : Free of power cords and wiring hassles, easily place Arlo Pro cameras wherever you want and monitor your home from every angle
- Night vision: 850 nm LEDs illuminates up to 25 feet, IR cut off filter. Field of view: 130 degree, Focus range (ST) Fixed focus (2 feet to infinity). Video resolution configurable up to 1280 x 720.Weather resistant Arlo Pro cameras are Weather resistant so you can place them anywhere indoors and out
- Rechargeable Batteries : Arlo Pro cameras include rechargeable batteries that support fast charging. Video resolution Configurable up to 1280 x 720
- 2 Way Audio : Built in mic and speaker enable push to talk capability, so you can listen in and talk back
- 7 Days of Free Cloud Recordings : Arlo Pro comes with rolling 7 day cloud recordings. Live stream or view recorded video and audio for up to 7 days
- Works with Amazon Alexa/Echo Show/Fire TV/Google Assistant View your live video with a simple voice command. Works with IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings, and more. Wireless range: 300+ feet line of sight
- Arlo Smart adds powerful intelligence to your Arlo cameras. Customize alerts to detect people, specific zones, and contact emergency responders right from your smartphone’s lock screen (optional service, includes 1 month trial)
- Note: Does not include wall mount
#02 – Wyze Cam Pan 1080p
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) lets you control Wyze Cam Pan remotely using the Wyze app so you can see every angle of your room while you’re away, on demand. Or, have Wyze Cam Pan monitor your room automatically with the Pan Scan feature by setting 4 predefined waypoints. Panning has a 360° left/right rotation range and tilting has a 93° vertical up/down range.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p - 1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam Pan can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 6 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Voice Controlled? You got it! - Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (US only) so you can use your voice to see who’s at your front door, how your baby’s doing, or if your 3D printer has finished printing. Wyze Cam Pan is only compatible with the 2. 4GHz WiFi network (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi) and Apple (iOS) and Android mobile devices.
- Share with those who care - One Wyze Cam can be shared with multiple family members so everyone can have access to its live stream and video recordings. Just have your family members download the Wyze app and invite them to your account. Camera sharing can also be easily removed.
#03 – CANARY (CAN100USBK) All-in-One Indoor 1080p
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately). Connectivity : 2.4GHz Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
- LET CANARY BE YOUR EYES AND EARS: The Canary All-in-One Home Security System is just what you've been looking for. Featuring a full HD 1080p camera with a 147-degree lens view, the Canary can see more or your home to help keep your mind at ease. The Canary also features high-quality sound recording, so you are not only able to see your home, but be able to hear what's going on.
- BUILT IN ALARM TO HELP SCARE OFF INTRUDERS: The Canary features a built in alarm system that reaches sound levels of 90+ decibels, that's the same noise level as a running lawn mower! The built in siren is perfect for scaring off unwanted visitors. sensors are 3-axis accelerometer, ambient light, capacitive touch
- GET UPDATES TO YOUR SMARTPHONE: Canary works using the wireless internet in your home. By connecting your phone to the Canary system, you will be able to receive immediate alerts when your camera notices movement and activity. Never be surprised by an unfortunate event with the Canary Home Security System.
- PERFECT FOR PET LOVERS: The Canary Home Security System is also a great tool for pet parents. Have you ever wondered what your cats do while you're away, or which of you dogs keeps getting into the trash? Well, now you can watch and find out. Set up your Canary camera near where your pet spends the most time and be able to keep an eye on them throughout the day.
- WE'RE ON A MISSION: Everyone has a right to feel safe and secure, and security comes from having the information you want when you want it. Its the guiding principle behind our work and reinforces our belief that the best technology helps to make you smarter, puts you in control, and gives you access to the information you need. Thats why Canary is dedicated to developing easy-to-use technology that protects, empowers, and has a meaningful impact on people, families, and their communities.
#04 – Reolink WiFi Security Camera
- Work with Alexa & Google Assistant (Alexa device sold separately): Works with Amazon Alexa/ Echo Spot/ Echo Show/ Google Assistant View your live video with a simple voice command, Argus 2 is now part of your smart home security system.
- Wireless &Standalone Installation Argus 2 can be easily mounted and installed both indoors and outdoors with comprehensive voice instructions available on the Reolink app, no need for a security base station and professional help at all. By directly connecting to a 2.4G wireless router, this security camera is all ready to go.
- Rechargeable Battery, Solar-Powered - Users save tremendously on battery replacements thanks to a built-in micro USB port. This allows the Argus 2 to be charged by a universal 5V 2A power adapter or by the Reolink Solar Panel. *(Power adapters and Reolink Solar Panels are sold separately).
- 1080p Full HD Video Display and Improved Night Vision - Equipped with 19201080 resolution, the wireless battery powered security camera Argus 2 captures smooth, crystal-clear videos. With starlight image sensors built in, this outdoor security camera provides you with clearer night-vision footage for up to 33ft.
- Instant Playback - The Argus 2 supports the use of micro SD cards, allowing users to store files locally and add up to 64GB of space to their wireless security camera. Recorded videos can be replayed via the Reolink app, without any additional subscription fees.
#05 – Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Camera 2MP
- HIGH PERFORMANCE, REAL-TIME, TRUE HD Experience magnificent full-HD 1080P video at 30fps with enhanced low light capability utilizing the Sony Exmor IMX323 image sensor and Ambarella S2LM chipset. Extra-wide 90 viewing angle as well as remote pan/tilt and digital zoom allow you to cover more ground and keep more of what matters to you safe. Works with Alexa through AmcrestCloud.
- SMARTER SECURITY Receive motion alert notifications, review footage and engage in two-way communication via your smartphone with the Amcrest View app. Playback and record professionally on a PC using Amcrest Surveillance Pro for Windows and MAC (included) or Blue Iris Professional. Works with Amcrest Cloud remote video storage, MicroSd card, Amcrest NVRs, Synology and QNAP NAS, FTP, Pale Moon and Sea Monkey Browsers, IE, Safari, Firefox 49.0 and Chrome with Amcrest Web View Extension.
- DAY OR NIGHT, QUALITY ASSURED Featuring a Sony Exmor 1/2.9 2.07MP image sensor and built-in IR LEDs this WiFi camera achieves industry leading 1080P nightvision up to 32 feet. Not all 1080P WiFi IP cameras are built the same and our Texas based team with over 10 years of IP camera experience has guaranteed the out-performance of this camera by using the highest quality components in order to deliver the ultimate best in class 1080p pan/tilt WiFi camera experience.
- SECURE CLOUD VIDEO BACKUP The optional Amcrest Cloud remote video storage subscription service allows you automatically store your videos off-site in a third-party location hosted and secured by Amazon AWS. This way if something happens to your local PC/NVR/SDcard/NAS, the footage will be safely recorded in a secure off-site location and accessible to you through a web-based Flash interface for PC (Windows & MAC) (Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Edge) and AmcrestCloud smartphone app.
- SIMPLE. RELIABLE. SECURE. - This Amcrest 2.4ghz wireless camera features a secure SSL/HTTPS connection, wireless AES/WPA2 encryption, FCC and UL camera certificate, and receives regular security firmware updates (Does not support 5ghz). At Amcrest, we want to ensure the safety of our customers, their loved ones, homes, and businesses and youll receive a full 1-year US Warranty and Lifetime Support provided directly from Amcrest.
For centuries, humans have been trying and testing various ways to secure their homes. A security system is a system placed in your home meant to keep, alert, and secure you from intruders and burglars. Security system has evolved and has become more reliable as designs have been improved greatly.
Some prominent features that you should not miss to have in your home security camera:
The type of security camera:
The manufacturer offers a wide variety of home security cameras. Though each of them works as a security camera, each one fulfills a different need. So, first, you need to decide what type of security camera you need.
Usually, the place where you will install the camera will decide what type of camera you might need. If you are installing it in the porch or garden, then you need to determine whether you want to go with video doorbell or wireless security camera. Also, the camera that will be installed in an outdoor setting needs to be weatherproof.
Often, video doorbell cameras are designed to sustain the harsh environment while wireless security cameras are delicate than the doorbell camera.
See if the camera pairs with a smartphone app usually, these apps receive messages from the camera and alert when the camera detects the motion or when the doorbell rings.
Smartphone alert is one of the handy features to have as it allows you to monitor the premises whenever you want and can allow you to interact with the person at the door in case you are using doorbell camera.
Outdoor camera equipped with motion detection can cause unnecessary alerts if its monitoring area includes nearby road or the area where people or animal commonly visit. This triggers the fake alarm. In such situations, the camera manufacturers came with a solution called ‘Motion zone monitoring’.
Camera-equipped with this feature allows the user to select the portion of the camera field to monitor or neglect for the motions.
Cloud storage facility:
See if the camera manufacturer provides an option to store video and images to cloud storage. Many companies offer security camera, smartphone app, and a cloud storage service with a small monthly fee so that users can access these videos from any corner of the world.
Think of budget:
No matter which product you are buying, knowing your budget will save your time that you might waste looking at hundreds of options. If you are tight on budget, then you shouldn’t be spending your time reading about high-end products. Go for medium to low priced product and see what suits your pocket.
Quality of video:
It is the most important thing that how much good quality of the video this camera will record. You don’t want a camera that records the low-resolution video or an image which will become difficult to analyze when you review it. Currently, most of the camera comes with the ability to record the video in HD quality.
Security cameras are wide array product and may come with lots of features as most of them supported by internet connection. They not only capture and store the images and video footage but can alert the homeowner for a possible intruder.
Read More: Best Budget Graphics Card
Related Tags: Best Security Cameras 2020